Monday 24 August 2015

You are not alone

I don't know about anyone else but I find it comforting to know it's not just me. There are groups out there online for people with mental health issues where you can share how you're feeling and members help eachother out. A simple reply of 'I get like that' can really help. I personally have joined groups on Facebook. You have to look for them as most are closed groups which means the content is not shared on your main page. That way only members can see what you put :)
It's also good for asking about medication you're on eg; asking if anyone else gets side affects etc.
Another good resource is YouTube. I follow some people on there. However use your own instincts on this as some content may be triggereing. Be sure to mix it up a bit because hours of videos of people pouring their hearts out can be draining. (I follow kiera rose and grav3yardgirl, they have a range of topics from mental health, shopping hauls and random silliness).

But please do remember you aren't alone, there are so many people going through the same things let's do this together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment