Thursday 20 August 2015

Decisions, decisions

Hey all, making up your mind is hard enough without a mental illness, even with little things. What feels like the right way to go may feel completely different later in the day just because our mood has lifted.
I've described bpd to others before like 'bipolar in fast forward'. And even though you think it's the right decision for you at the time sometimes works out to be wrong because we are usually very spontaneous with what we answer. (Really hope this is making sense).
What im trying to get at is sometimes if you have time to think it over first then do.
I've found it useful to write things down, give your first honest answer and come back to it to see if it's changed. Being able to answer in different states of mind will help make a more educated decision.
Everyone makes mistakes but I find it better to handle if I have taken time over it and not say "well that was a bit silly of me I should have waited till my head was a bit clearer".
Me personally, I'm very spontaneous and panic about small things all the time. For example clothes shopping I'm awful at. Well any type of shopping really. I've got better at rationalising things in my head but the panic still sets in. When I say panic I mean seeing stuff you really like and want it's like a little kid inside of me is saying "mum can we buy it? Pleeeeaaaasssse!?" I've got better at saying no though. Even though it's not like a spoilt little brat scenario and more like "it need that in my life otherwise something bad is going to happen".

I mean buying that shirt I liked but really didn't need was much more important than buying new boring pants because mine seem to be dissapearing..... maybe it's the washer?....It has been known to eat socks....hmm?

However I do find some problems easier than others, the answer to 'do I need a nap' is usually yes :)
Goodnight all, sleep tight x

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I can understand what you mean about decisions and then worrying if you should have gone this way or maybe that way turning over all possible outcomes because you don't trust your own judgment. Well done you for deciding to start a blog and putting into words what are often very complex and apposing thoughts.
    Thanks & keep it going. Looking forward to popping back chick 🍀good luck

    ReplyDelete