Sunday 30 August 2015

Sleep it off

Hi all I hope you are well, today I wanted to address sleep. Apart from anxiety the main thing that affects my life is that I get tired alot. It annoys some people but think about it for a bit, all meds we are usually prescribed contain sedatives so it's no wonder we get tired and have a nap. I have one most afternoons, I've tried all sorts to try not to but I just get end up getting ill. So over a very long time my friends and family have become used to it. I love the fact that my best mate texts me before she phones to see if I'm awake so if I am asleep she doesn't wake me :)
I've never had a normal sleeping pattern, I switch between over sleeping and bouts of insomnia which is never fun. I also get very vivid nightmares which can affect me for days, people say to me "it was just a dream". I know that but being so vivid I wake up drained and teary as I've felt every emotion going through it.
What im trying to get across is don't push yourself too far, listen to your body and get the rest you need. It may not be 'convenient' for other people but pretty sure they would understand if you explained it affects you a lot physically. It's a part of self healing. It's no different to other conditions that make you tired like M.E etc.
Hope this all made sense and helps explain things a bit :)
Hope you all had a lovely weekend.... I've slept through most of mine haha x
Goodnight lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment